Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Aren't all bees feral?

Okay, so I'm making up for lost time. I read this article in the LA Times today, a paper that, unlike the NYT, I haven't gotten in the habit of reading on a regular basis, and perhaps should now that LA is my hometown.

Come on people, don't you realize that bees = food. Let me say this another way: no bees = no food. Stop killing "feral" bees, seriously.

I'm shocked that this is happening in Santa Monica of all places. I thought we were supposed to be more progressive that this. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised... our winter ice rink probably uses as much energy as we save with our LED solar-powered ferris wheel.

Anyway, here's the scoop on the bees:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-bees-20100426,0,5573685.story

Your town might be doing this, too. Find out, after all, we need bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment