Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Warrenton, OR


We hiked in the state forest near Warrenton, OR, for a couple of hours today in search of a porcini spot that Joseph told us about.  As I suspected, we didn’t find any.  We did, however, find a nice handful of oyster mushrooms, which will make for a delicious appetizer tomorrow night, when we’re cooking again.  Tonight, we have the night off from chores with enough soup leftover and no dry wood to make a fire in this rain.  So, we’re parked in the state forest, enjoying our books, writing, and staying in for a change.  What a luxury it is to relax, to have no food to process or cook, to sip hot coffee on a cold, rainy day while reading and writing.  Even though I miss my usual life, my work, my schedule, my neighborhood, and especially my friends, I know when I’m back I’ll be missing nights like this.  Off the computer I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment